This question already has an answer here:

In another question on SE aviation I read that certain aircraft have load sensors in their undercarriage to calculate CG. Which are these types?

The technology to build load sensors into the undercarriage is available and it appears that a few planes are equipped with it.

PS. I don't mean just the weight on wheels sensor which is more a switch than a measurement.

Would an accurate weight of a loaded aircraft be helpful?


marked as duplicate by ymb1, David Richerby, fooot, Ralph J, Manu H Apr 24 at 16:14

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • $\begingroup$ What make you think a weight on wheel sensor device is just a switch? $\endgroup$ – Manu H Apr 24 at 16:14
  • $\begingroup$ @ManuH Oh, I'm sure I am wrong. But would love to be corrected. Thanks! $\endgroup$ – curious_cat Apr 29 at 16:05