Are there disadvantages to using parachute fabric to cover an experimental aircraft? So far I observed the following:
- I believe I put this fabric in an open place for a year
- I found no cracks after a year, approximately
- When I tried to set the fabric on fire after a year it didn't catch on fire. It shrunk, but it didn't burn.
- I didn't feel any weaknesses or holes in the fabric
- I also checked the tension of fabric
- In a weight test it up to 10 kg baggage
Now I'm trusting this imported parachute fabric.
I tested three pieces: one original, a second doped in poly varnish, and a third with a paste of mud/soil/sand mixed with poly varnish. The third is best and resists fire best.
Can I use it cover an aircraft?