Member for 7 months
Last seen more than a month ago
I am currently a senior lecturer in aviation technology with UNSW Canberra at the Australia Defence Force Academy. I have an UG degree in physics and mathematics, a masters in photonics and opto-electronics, and a PhD in engineering, on Distributed Optical Fibre Smart Sensors for Acoustic Sensing in the Structural Health Monitoring of Robust Aerospace Vehicles. I have taught across physics, mathematics, aviation, and aerospace engineering.
Topics I have lectured include, Waves and Electricity, Modern Physics, Aircraft Propulsion 2 (gas turbines), Aircraft Systems/Aircraft Systems for Aviators, Advanced Aerodynamics/Introduction to Aircraft, Aviation Meteorology, Managing the Engineering Environment (intro to management), Aviation Industry Project/Behavioural Science Project (research methods), and Introduction to Aviation Technology (basic aero and military av). I have taught labs and tutorials in many more subjects.
My research focuses on (not that I would use the term focused):
- Optical Fibre Bragg Grating Sensors in Aerospace Application
- Acoustic/Ultrasonics applied to Aerospace Materials and Structures
- Aerospace Vehicle Structural Health Monitoring
- Aircraft Systems
- Aviation Science (research methodologies and data analysis)
- Aviation Technology
- Sustainable Aviation
- Physics and Engineering Education (mostly for aviation and aerospace)