Use this tag for questions about the FAA itself. Questions about FAA regulations should use the faa-regulations tag. The FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) is the agency responsible for regulating and administering the United States National Airspace System.
The Federal Aviation Administration is the agency responsible for regulating and administering the United States National Airspace system. It is a division of the United States Department of Transportation.
Appropriate questions for this tag would include those activities which require working directly with the FAA, such as:
- Letters of Authorization (RVSM, ADS-B, etc.)
- Company Operations Specification approvals
- Manual Approvals/Acceptance/Revisions
- Filling out and submitting various forms (8410, 8710, etc.)
- Rulemaking Process
- faa-regulations - The United States Federal Aviation Regulations
- aim - The Aeronautical Information Manual, published by the FAA.
- usa - Questions specific to the United States (but not FAA regulations)