Episode #125 of the Stack Overflow podcast is here. We talk Tilde Club and mechanical keyboards. Listen now

New answers tagged


Generally speaking, you need to hold a licence issued by the same country that the aircraft is registered in. There may be exceptions but you cannot fly an Australian aircraft on your EASA licence. Luckily, converting a PPL between countries is generally straightforward when it has been issued by an ICAO-contracted state (which is most advanced countries ...


I just saw somebody try to do this. They had an EASA CPL(H) and a FAA PPL(H). The DPE needed to have a letter, sent from EASA to the FAA in Omaha, Verified, and then a copy sent to the pilot. This letter is EASA confirming the logbook entries attained in Europe were legitimate. This letter is only valid for six months. Despite getting the necessary flight ...

Top 50 recent answers are included