8

The lift equation: Lift = wing area x Coefficient of Lift x air density x V$^2$ provides three variables to lift a given amount of weight: Angle of Attack, air density, and velocity. Aircraft have the least amount of drag per unit lift at a specific AoA, so best to keep it there. Speeding up a little is a very good idea but there are 2 factors with the ...


2

Light aircraft manufacturers typically use 75% power as a normal cruising power. There is really no set reason for this 75% figure. It is just a convenient convention that most light aircraft manufacturers use. Part of the reason for this is that a normally aspirated (non-turbocharged) piston engine can only produce 100% rated power at sea level on a ...


2

No. Let's assume sea level operation. At 75% power, the engine is burning only 75% of its maximum fuel flow rate, and the remaining 25% of the engine capacity is "off line"- but available at any time by pushing the propeller speed control up to full fine pitch (for a plane with a constant-speed prop) or by opening the throttle all the way (in a ...


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible