This is my basic understanding of the FAR's regarding seatbelt rules for civil aircraft:
- PIC must brief passengers on how to operate belts (and shoulder harness if installed)
- PIC must notify passengers to put on belt (and shoulder harness if installed)
- passengers must have belt (and shoulder harness if installed) secured during taxi, takeoff, and landing
- PIC (and SIC if there is one) must have belts (and shoulder harness if there is one) secured during the entire flight
- shoulder harness does not need to be secured around crew if it interferes with operating the aircraft
Do I have this right?