What exactly is the difference between a B777-31H and B777-31H(ER)? Is ER the latest version of 777-31H?
The 777-31H is a standard Boeing 777-300 manufactured for Emirates (customer code 1H).
The 777-31H(ER) is a Boeing 777-300ER (Extended Range) again for Emirates.
Compared to the standard 777-300, the 777-300ER has:
- A longer range due to the extra fuel it can carry (145538 kg compared to 135880 kg for the -300 baseline)
- A higher Operating Empty Weight (167829 kg compared to 159570 kg for the -300 baseline)
- A higher Maximum Take-Off Weight (351535 kg compared to 299370 kg for the -300 baseline)
- A higher maximum structural payload weight (69853 kg compared to 64960 kg for the -300 baseline)
- A wider wingspan (64.80 compared to 60.93 m)
- A different engine delivering more thrust
The Boeing 777-300ER is always equipped with General Electric GE90-115BL1 engines, while the baseline -300 can be ordered with four different engine models from General Electric, Pratt& Whitney or Rolls Royce. The Emirates Boeing 777-300 aircraft have the Rolls Royce RR Trent 892 engines installed. They deliver 415 kN of thrust, almost 100 kN less than the GE90-115BL1 engines.