ECAM messages are generated through DMC, which is from FWC and SDAC. The FWCs are responsible for ECAM warnings while the SDACs are for ECAM SD and ENG params. (DSC-31-05-30)
My question is: How would you know you have a dual FWC failure if there is no FWC to provide you with warnings anymore? There IS a warning
FWS FWC 1+2 FAULT in FCOM which is not inhibited in any of the flight phases. Is this a warning that will never be triggered?
Additional: I'm aware that ECAM Memo can be used as a source of confirmation since Memo also fails when both FWCs fail. But I'm looking for a more "official" source to confirm if I have no FWCs.
- DMC Display Management Computer
- ECAM Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitor
- SD System Display
- FWC Flight Warning Computer
- FWS Flight Warning System
- SDAC System Data Acquisition Concentrator