I have 50+ student hours in rotorcraft from about 8 years ago in the UK under the CAA.

I am now looking to restart training in Europe for a dual EASA and CAA license.

I've been told that because my previous training was 'incomplete' the previous 50 logbook hours I have are not able to be credited towards these license applications.

Looking at EASA Part-FCL (FCL.035) they just state that the hours must be logged in the appropriate type, and do not mention the location, authority or time these must have been completed in. https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Part-FCL.pdf

enter image description here

Is my interpretation correct that flight hours for an EASA PPL can be credited from any time period at any location?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Did you try to send an email to the Local CAA of the country you are restarting training in? $\endgroup$
    – Afe
    Commented Jan 20, 2022 at 15:39
  • $\begingroup$ I have not but I will do that to check, in Europe it seem like the country itself is not always the country issuing the license. I'll check with the country that would most likely be issuing the license. $\endgroup$
    – James
    Commented Jan 20, 2022 at 15:41
  • $\begingroup$ Yes the instruction can (could) be carried out with any EASA CFI. Check with the country you want the license issued from $\endgroup$
    – Afe
    Commented Jan 20, 2022 at 21:05
  • $\begingroup$ No response from the Authority I want to register in, and none from the one I want to train in either. Seems no one in any position of deciding, doesn't want to handle this question. $\endgroup$
    – James
    Commented Jan 25, 2022 at 20:58
  • $\begingroup$ did you try asking other flight schools? $\endgroup$
    – Afe
    Commented Jan 26, 2022 at 0:24


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .