I am preparing to certify a self-built aircraft as flightworthy and legal to fly, and was reading the required documents listed on FAA's Amateur-Built Aircraft Airworthiness Certification page when I realized that FAA does not have the required document "AC Form 8050-3" when searching the form on the FAA Forms website. Is this some kind of mistake? Or is the form possibly a form located inside of a larger form, which could explain why it isn't showing up (Because if that were the case, it wouldn't be its own individual file)? If anyone could provide a link to this form, that would be great.


1 Answer 1


That's because 8050-1 is the Aircraft Registration Application, and 8050-3 is the Certificate of Aircraft Registration.

You submit 8050-1, and the FAA sends you 8050-3.

  • 12
    $\begingroup$ Now you got me curious to what 8050-2 contains. $\endgroup$
    – Mast
    Commented May 27, 2021 at 8:39
  • 11
    $\begingroup$ @Mast According to a short Google search, it's the "Aircraft Bill of Sale" to prove ownership of an aircraft. $\endgroup$
    – Alexander
    Commented May 27, 2021 at 9:36
  • $\begingroup$ @Mast UFO records. $\endgroup$
    – Davidw
    Commented May 28, 2021 at 16:41

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .