I am preparing to certify a self-built aircraft as flightworthy and legal to fly, and was reading the required documents listed on FAA's Amateur-Built Aircraft Airworthiness Certification page when I realized that FAA does not have the required document "AC Form 8050-3" when searching the form on the FAA Forms website. Is this some kind of mistake? Or is the form possibly a form located inside of a larger form, which could explain why it isn't showing up (Because if that were the case, it wouldn't be its own individual file)? If anyone could provide a link to this form, that would be great.


1 Answer 1


That's because 8050-1 is the Aircraft Registration Application, and 8050-3 is the Certificate of Aircraft Registration.

You submit 8050-1, and the FAA sends you 8050-3.

  • 12
    $\begingroup$ Now you got me curious to what 8050-2 contains. $\endgroup$
    – Mast
    May 27, 2021 at 8:39
  • 11
    $\begingroup$ @Mast According to a short Google search, it's the "Aircraft Bill of Sale" to prove ownership of an aircraft. $\endgroup$
    – Alexander
    May 27, 2021 at 9:36
  • $\begingroup$ @Mast UFO records. $\endgroup$
    – Davidw
    May 28, 2021 at 16:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.