I'm trying to re-validate my EASA PPL licence, registered with the Hungarian CAA. I asked the CAA but I did not get a clear answer.

I meet the criteria for re-validation based on experience, but it also requires minimally one hour refresher training with and EASA (FI) or (CFI). I can not travel to the EU due to COVID measures.

Can I fly outside of EU with an EASA FI for refreshing training on a non-EASA registered aircraft?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ You'll need to trawl through easa.europa.eu if nobody can answer directly, but it might also help to specify where abouts in the world you currently are. I know I've certainly heard of EASA instructors operating in the US for pretty much exactly your requirement. $\endgroup$
    – Jamiec
    Mar 25 at 15:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.