In the USA, calling the above phone number gets a pilot in contact with a flight service station (FSS). After reading the AIM and the Leidos Flight Service website, I still have some questions:
- Where exactly are flight service stations, and which one does the phone number connect me to?
- Is the person on the phone a meteorologist?
- If not, how do they provide weather briefings?
- Will someone answer 24/7 or do different stations have different hours?
- Does this also apply to the FSS frequencies listed on VFR charts?