I have heard of two different European aviation authorities: EASA and JAA (or JAAT).
What is the difference in their functions? This would include things such as:
- Whether they are somehow part of the same organization, but are referred to separately (such as the FAA and NTSB both being US government agencies).
- One being the parent organization of the other.
- Whether they are separated by which countries they oversee within Europe.
- Whether they issue separate licenses/certificates.
- Whether one is an older version of the other similar to the CAA being the predecessor to the FAA.