I hold a US commercial pilot certificate based on my foreign commercial pilot certificate. This was allowed prior to the ruling that foreign pilots would only be issued a private certificate. On the back of my certificate there is a statement, "Not valid for the carriage of persons or property for compensation or hire or for agricultural aircraft operations".

I am now a US Citizen and I am wondering what I need to do to have this restriction removed.

  • $\begingroup$ FWIW, I don't think this has anything (directly) to do with citizenship. It's just about removing the restriction. $\endgroup$
    – Pondlife
    Jan 2 '20 at 2:25

You will need to pass the US commercial pilot test to remove the restriction. If you have enough hours, you may want to consider applying for an ATP certificate.

A couple of things are required to be completed.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.