US Military has forward air controllers that join the forces on the front line and help them communicate with aircraft on the battelfield.

I found several Wikipedia articles describing such position, but can't understand what are the differences between them.






  • $\begingroup$ As the descriptions in the Wikipedia articles mention, different branches and countries have different definitions. To make things more complicated meanings of the terms are overlapping and have changed over time. Most differences are in actual privileges of that role, but that also changes. From my point of view the most used term is JTAC nowadays. $\endgroup$ – Simon Dec 29 '19 at 16:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.