As you know, it takes more than 30 days for the plastic certificate card to be delivered. I know that right after passing check-ride, the temporary certificate is given but I need a plastic card to convert US pilot license to my country license. My government does not accept the temporary paper certificate. Is there any way to get a plastic certificate card from the nearest FSDO as fast as possible?


No, sorry. They don’t have the device at the FSDO that would produce a plastic card.

If you want to see the page that shows what date they are currently processing for, click here.

Unfortunately it’s typically around 6-8 weeks.


No, FSDO's do not issue the plastic cards. Your only option is to wait.

Processing time takes quite a while. For example, it is November 13 and the FAA is currently processing applications that were submitted on October 3. The process to actually receive your plastic license can take from 30 days (unlikely) to over 3 months. I think on average the time from application to license in your hand is about 60 days.

  • $\begingroup$ Hmm.. I’d better check in with them. I got my UAS certificate more than 90 days ago and still haven’t got my plastic card. $\endgroup$ – Canuk Nov 13 '19 at 21:12
  • $\begingroup$ @Canuk Look up your info on the airman registry. If your information is there, the application has probably been processed and you should have received the card (within a couple weeks of that status updating). If you haven't, I'd apply for a replacement. $\endgroup$ – Ron Beyer Nov 13 '19 at 21:13
  • $\begingroup$ Found out there was another reason. Just takes a long time to transit information between Oklahoma City and my local FSDO, apparently. $\endgroup$ – Canuk Feb 11 '20 at 17:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.