The aircraft is not compliant with ADS-B Out DO 260B and will be parked in Arizona after return. Can this aircraft fly to the State for ferry flight only to US without ADS-B Out DO 260B? Should I apply to FAA about ferry special permit in advance?

  • $\begingroup$ This depends on what "State" is (more specifically, your route of flight)... You can also make the request to the controlling ATC to transit the airspace at least 1 hour prior to the operation if you do not have ADS-B, if it is a long flight, this may be a lot of phone calls. I don't believe a ferry permit is required (unless for other reasons). $\endgroup$
    – Ron Beyer
    Oct 17, 2019 at 12:23
  • $\begingroup$ You probably solved this by now, but if you keep the aircraft away from Class B (30 NM) and below 10,000 MSL, you don't have to have ADS-B. $\endgroup$
    – atc_ceedee
    May 11, 2021 at 15:59


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .