I am an American Expat who got my EASA PPL(A) license while living abroad. I am about to move back to the US and looking into a permanent conversion to an FAA license.

Per I have a European EASA license - what do I need to do to be allowed to fly in the US? the best option seems to be re-taking the FAA tests. Otherwise I would have to find an EASA examiner in the US to avoid my EASA license expiring (perhaps thats not as hard as I assume?).

My question is am I allowed to file/use for the foreign-based license while training for the full license?



You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .