I graduated from a college with 60 credits that are related to aviation but I got my IR and CPL from out of school which is part 61. Am I still qualified as a candidate who can apply for a 1000hr R-ATP?

  • $\begingroup$ It's not really a dupe but this question probably covers the same information. See this answer in particular. $\endgroup$ – Pondlife Sep 11 '19 at 15:31

Unfortunately, I don’t believe you are. The rule for 1000-hour restricted ATP is that you have to graduate from an approved four-year part 141 university with a commercial license earned at that school. BoldMethod describes it pretty well:


There’s also a link towards the bottom of that page that leads to the FAA, which explains the exceptions.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.