My husband is about to receive a United States green card. He holds an EASA ATPL with Class A medical certificate and an FAA PPL. He is instrument trained for Airbus 330 type rating.

We are currently looking into all of the steps he must take to convert his licenses according to FAA requirements. This process is long and complicated and may last longer than the 6 month green card window provides before we must permanently immigrate to the United States.

He is also considering applying to airlines with outport bases stationed in the United States. For example, Korean Air has one in LA and he did see something concerning Fiji Air. So far, this is all we can find in our research. Does anyone know of any other international airlines that allow for domicile in a USA outport base? Any help (or advice) in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I will suggest that you also post this question on PPRuNE.org, since that site is frequented by a lot of professional pilots, while this site's membership is mostly "enthusiast" based (though some pilots do indeed share their expertise here). Better to cast a wide net. :) $\endgroup$ – KorvinStarmast Aug 6 '19 at 18:56
  • $\begingroup$ Thank you so much for the advice KorvinStarmast. I have also now posted this thread at PPRuNE.org and will start following information on that forum as well. Thank you for providing your insight. $\endgroup$ – Leigh D Aug 6 '19 at 19:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.