I want to purchase something for my Cessna from a US web shop. The part has a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) from the FAA, but I don't find any information about the EASA equivalent.

Is there any database to check this?

  • $\begingroup$ I've never heard it called "STA", we always call it "STC" $\endgroup$ Commented May 26, 2019 at 20:04
  • $\begingroup$ Thanks for the hint. Corrected it! @selectstriker2 $\endgroup$
    – David
    Commented May 26, 2019 at 20:05
  • $\begingroup$ STA, or Supplemental Type Approval, is the term used in Commonwealth countries (UK, Canada, etc.) which is where I'm guessing David is. Pondlife's edit is correct however, as EASA calls them STCs. $\endgroup$
    – John K
    Commented May 27, 2019 at 1:21
  • $\begingroup$ Which STC are you talking about? $\endgroup$ Commented May 27, 2019 at 8:33

1 Answer 1


Unless I am reading the document incorrectly, EASA and the FAA have a reciprocity agreement since 2011 recognizing each other's findings and approvals. That means an FAA STC approval is good in EASA countries (except the ones that are not EU members) and vice-versa.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .