Upon reviewing the requirements for the Recreational Pilot Permit and Private Pilot License in Canada, I see that only class 1, 3 and 4 medicals are approved.

Are EASA class 2 medicals not valid in Canada at all?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ I believe it's only for ATC. Could be wrong. $\endgroup$ – John K Feb 20 at 21:37

The Cat 2 medical in Canada is only for Flight Engineers, Navigators (once upon a time) and Air Traffic Controllers. https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/publications/tp13312-2-menu-2331.htm

  • $\begingroup$ It would seem that category 2 medicals are different from ICAO class 2. Is the CAR aligned with ICAO regulations here? $\endgroup$ – David Pettersson Feb 22 at 12:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.