I found in the Airbus AMM in the Component Location section the acronym FIN (Function Item Number) and I wonder if it's Airbus way to refer to a part number that is not an expendable part (They use P/N for expandable componentes mentioned in the AMM tasks procedures). I was looking for the same acronym for Boeing A/C but I could find anything. So I wonder if there's a general naming for A/C components identification.

Thank you in advance.

PD: I'm a software developer getting started into the Aircraft MRO business domain.

  • $\begingroup$ Although my background is only on the RJ side of things, I've never heard of FIN. It sounds like part of an Airbus cross referencing system for either the MMEL, or more likely, LRUs covered by the maintenance program perhaps. I would try to dig up a maintenance planning or maintenance requirements manual or whatever Airbus calls it to see if that leads anywhere. $\endgroup$ – John K Oct 3 '18 at 17:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.