I think it´s a very simple doubt but also very important, and i can´t find the answer. If you are flying on a Federal Airway that at some point cross a class B airspace (for example)...do you need authorization or can you keep flying without one?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Welcome to aviation.SE! Are you asking about VFR or IFR? $\endgroup$
    – Pondlife
    Sep 20, 2018 at 2:40
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Ask for Flight Following on your flights, they will more than likely help you out in those situations. $\endgroup$
    – CrossRoads
    Sep 20, 2018 at 11:57

1 Answer 1


If you are flying your IFR flight plan which you got clearance for, then you have permission already.
If you are flying VFR you need to ask ATC for clearance.
Class B airspace requires clearance for all traffic and separation is also provided by ATC for all traffic.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.