I want to ask FAA in person. But, I was not able to reach them. I tried phone call 8668782498, sent e-mail to local FSDO. But nothing coming back.

I guess I have some possibility to take it in military base placed in Japan. Do you know something about this?


According to this list, there are three Airman Knowledge Testing Centers outside the 50 states (listed as "Out of US" on that document.) All of them are in US outlying territories, and none of them are in Japan.

You could conceivably arrange do the written test at the center listed in Guam (Barrigada). There are regular airline flights to Guam from Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, and Nagoya, and the 4-hour flight to Guam is better than the 8-hour flight to Hawaii or the 9+ hour flight to the continental US.

| improve this answer | |
  • $\begingroup$ Thanks, if I need, I'll take it. Because nobody knows this... $\endgroup$ – Avenue2Aviator Sep 2 '18 at 17:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.