Is there an instrument to indicate this?

  • 2
    $\begingroup$ What type of aircraft are you interested in? The instrumentation of a new airliner is different from a glider, or a 1930's biplane. $\endgroup$ – Dan Hulme Aug 14 '18 at 12:33
  • $\begingroup$ @DanHulme Would like to know what the commercial plane use $\endgroup$ – MisterClueless Aug 14 '18 at 12:41
  • $\begingroup$ All the types of aircraft I mentioned are flown commercially. Are you asking specifically about airliners? $\endgroup$ – Dan Hulme Aug 14 '18 at 14:36

For suction powered gyroscopic instruments there is usually some suction gauge to indicate the quality of the vacuum. See this question for more details in what the instrument shows.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.