I have my FAA Private Pilot License but I live in Chile, The thing is that I was asked by the father of a friend of mine to join him on a C182 flight in Chile (Chilean Aircraft). So, can I log that time in my Log Book? Even though I did my training in a C172 and don’t have the High Performance endorsement?

  • $\begingroup$ If it is a Chilean-registered aircraft you will most likely need to hold a Chilean licence to fly there. $\endgroup$
    – Ben
    Jul 27, 2018 at 11:07
  • $\begingroup$ The rule of 3 apply I think, if it was an american registred aircraft in Chile you can, if it was a chilean registred aircraft in US you can. But you don't seem to have 2 out of 3. So it will be a no I think. $\endgroup$
    – Chris Lau
    Jul 27, 2018 at 11:47
  • $\begingroup$ Aside from the foreign location, it's a single pilot airplane and as such, you're going along for a ride and shouldn't be logging time, unless the owner is a flight instructor and you can log time as P2, or unless the owner is designating you PIC, in which case you'd better be on his insurance. $\endgroup$
    – John K
    Jul 27, 2018 at 12:32


Browse other questions tagged .