I am a Polish citizen and am presently enrolled in flight training in USA. Upon graduation, I will have approximately 250 hours of flight time and the following certificates and ratings:


In addition I may also have the following:


I have been led to believe that I may not be able to work in the United States and will have to return to Europe for employment.

How much of this training and experience will be transferable to Europe?

I understand that the ratings would not allow me to immediately be employed in Europe, but I am hoping that the level of training and experience will at least be of value and can be transferred.

Does anybody know how to nostrificate a diploma from the USA to Europe? Please advise me as to what I may expect after I finish school in USA and back to Europe what are costs, and what is the time necessary to nostrificate- transform all papers into Europe..

Will it be possible to get a job in USA airlines for not US citizen? on F1 visa?

If not what are the procedures to transfer a diploma to Europe and what is necessary to do it .where to look for help in that case?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ The answers to your questions are what you should have researched BEFORE you started spending money on lots of training that might/not be transferrable. In practice, the US CPL is not transferrable to anything usable in Europe - the training is good for you, but the qualification at the end is not. And the CFI/I ratings are not recognised in Europe. You will have a lot to do when you get back, but you will need to talk to your local EASA to get the official words. $\endgroup$ – RAC May 29 '18 at 9:21
  • $\begingroup$ Welcome to aviation.SE! The visa question is about immigration so you might get more information at expats.SE. Unfortunately we have very little information on this site about converting FAA to EASA licenses; this question may be the only one. But if you find out more information yourself please feel free to answer your own question, that's completely fine here. $\endgroup$ – Pondlife May 29 '18 at 18:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.