This question already has an answer here:

I noticed quite a few of them around the nose and cockpit area of a plane when I was at the airport and wondered what they were for, could someone please help. THERE'S A PHOTO BELOW.



marked as duplicate by DeltaLima, Peter Kämpf aircraft-design Apr 16 '18 at 10:19

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Generally speaking you are most likely looking at the Pitot tubes

enter image description here

Some angle of attack indicators also look quite similar and in the case of some of the A380 the Pitot tubes and angle of attack indicator are combined into one unit.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.