I am trying to figure out what the name for this part is.

enter image description here

I believe that's the door seal, but all seals I am looking at, seem to be glued to the outside now.


1 Answer 1


It’s part of the interior trim, which has come dislodged from the fuselage side near the door.

  • $\begingroup$ Trim, yes. It appears to have shrunk over time. Door seal is a V-shaped material that is glued to the door (and not pictured here). Order a new trim piece from Plane Plastics in OK. planeplastics.com/airplanes/cessna-single/172175 $\endgroup$
    – CrossRoads
    Apr 11, 2018 at 3:37
  • $\begingroup$ @CrossRoads I'd also order a thorough inspection of the entire aircraft. I an see the corrosion on some of the interior without blowing up the image, looks like this aircraft hasn't been properly looked after in years if not decades. $\endgroup$
    – jwenting
    Apr 11, 2018 at 9:59
  • $\begingroup$ I think that the rusty looking stuff is just old glue. There is some surface rust around the door latch, but it will probably come off with a bit of rubbing with wax or Tri-Flow. $\endgroup$
    – JScarry
    Apr 11, 2018 at 15:00
  • $\begingroup$ That's exactly my plan. Unfortunately the previous owner hasn't put much effort into the plane, so I am planning on giving it a lot of love. $\endgroup$
    – David
    Apr 12, 2018 at 5:44

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .