I heard someone talking about a position in the U.S. Air Force called an Air Battle Manager or ABM. What does a person in this position do?
Air battle manager has the following duties:
- Plan and execute theater air operations
- Analyze national defense strategy
- Develop and conduct flying and simulation exercises
- Conduct, manage, evaluate and improve unit training and readiness
- Create operational policies
Further information can be found at AirForce's website.
In USAirForce, there are seven categories of aeronautical ratings. They are:
- Combat Systems Officer (CSO)
- Air Battle Manager (ABM)
- RPA Pilot
- Flight Surgeon
For further reading about these ratings, read here.