I have been informed that I'm not allowed to act as PIC for a ferry flight to and from the UK for a Canadian commercially-registered transport aircraft that I currently fly in Canada for charter ops.

Does anybody have experience with this scenario and can provide input?

I have been told it is only permitted for privately-registered aircraft. However, My current understanding is that the regulations would apply internationally based on the national authority that the aircraft is registered under.

  • $\begingroup$ Welcome to aviation.SE! See this question, it looks like ICAO limits international commercial operations to 60, or 65 if you have a younger pilot on board too. $\endgroup$ – Pondlife Mar 4 '18 at 0:41
  • $\begingroup$ For what it's worth I agree with your understanding. Australia doesn't have a mandatory pilot retirement age, and our pilots over that age are allowed to fly into countries with such a restriction, as long as they are on an Australian registered aircraft. But I have nothing to confirm that the same applies for your situation. $\endgroup$ – Ben Mar 4 '18 at 0:41
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @Pondlife Note that this applies to "commercial air transport" operations, not just commercial operations (the question that you linked to specifically asks about Part 135). $\endgroup$ – Lnafziger Mar 4 '18 at 2:58
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ @AlanVittery Please come back and let us know what the lawyer said! $\endgroup$ – Ron Beyer Mar 4 '18 at 16:21
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @Lnafziger Good point! Hopefully it at least gives some context and helps the OP to ask the right questions with a lawyer. $\endgroup$ – Pondlife Mar 4 '18 at 18:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.