Could someone kindly explain as to how the lift improvement package on the A320NEO enable it to approach at a slower speed compared to the IAE CEO. I have the list of the modifications which is done but it doesn’t explain how it helps.
- Slats (de icing slay/track shutter modifications and stiffened slat/track seals)
- Slat 1 enlarged horn
- Adding an outboard nacelle strake
- Fuselage wing fairing root fillet aerodynamic improvement
- Wind shroud close to flap 1 and 2 junction
- Introduce extended trailing edges on spoilers 1 and 2 and on fixed wing box trailing edge between spoilers 1 and 2.
These modifications mainly allow the aircraft to approach up to 5 knots slower than our CEOs. But how exactly do the modifications work in reducing the approach speed?