I wanted to confirm my understanding of VFR Flight Planning/Dead Reckoning with relation to heading and course calculation. Is the below correct?
- Using a plotter, draw a line from departure airport to arrival airport
- Using the same plotter, get the true course (TC)
- Using an E6B or similar calculator, calculate the Wind Correction Angle (WCA) which is based on Wind Direction and Speed
- + or - the WCA to/from the TC and the result will be True Heading (TH)
- Using the chart, see what the Magnetic Declination is and + or - the value (West is Best [add], East is Least [subtract])
- The result will be Magnetic Heading (MH)
- On the day of flight, check the Compass Deviation Card to + or - the deviation from the Magnetic Heading and this will give us the Compass Heading (CH)