what is the difference between EASA part-66 license and FAA A&P Aircraft Mechanic License? Are there any reasons for a company or individual to opt for the one or the other or both?

  • $\begingroup$ In the US (FAA) the aviation acronym AME stands for Aviation Medical Examiner. Instead, I think you must mean Aircraft Mechanic, A&P Mechanic, Aviation Maintenance Technician, or some equivalent. $\endgroup$ – J Walters Sep 14 '17 at 11:23
  • $\begingroup$ Generally if you are regulated by EASA (Europe) you require part 66 engineers, if you are regulated by the FAA (USA) you require approved A&Ps. It's not really a case of a company having a choice. The individual would choose the path that is relevant to where they want to work. $\endgroup$ – Ben Sep 15 '17 at 4:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.