I recently made significant progress in my understanding on the ARINC429 thanks to a user on this site, but I after reading more into it, I may have confused myself a little bit. Any help on any of the following questions is greatly appreciated.
- I found a specification pdf online, but it contradicts (i think) some of the other information I have gotten. The link to the pdf is here. Is it safe to assume that information is accurate enough to rely on? Assuming this book is a proper document on the ARINC429 specification
- If the above is correct, is it correct that BNR data fields are represented in positive two's complement with bit 29 indicating its sign (positive/negative)? Wouldn't that just be regular binary with bit 29 indicating the values sign?
- The scale factor applies starting from the MSB (bit 28) and continues halving with each bit between 27 and 11. The actual value translation would be applying the scale factor to each sig bit and adding the values of all the sig bits together to get the final value and using bit 29 to identify if its +/-. Is any of that correct at all?
- How does the resolution work? I got confused a lot by that. What is it? How does it affect the data field?
- Can somebody explain BNR format of the data field and how to translate it? I feel like I may have read too many different sources and got confused by the variance in explanations....haha