This is a Swissair photo from a DC-7C panel.
I have seen photos on airliners.net of these in DC-6s, VC-118 and Constellations. It appears that other companies besides Bendix made these indicators, but they are similar in appearance and function.
I've searched unsuccessfully for patents, or any other information that would describe what I am asking about:
- What are these "45" scales for?
- What is the flag in the window used to indicate?
- What are these two lines for?
- What happens when the test button is pressed, e.g., the loc, glideslope needles move to some position, #5 rotates to some position, #2 flag appears?
- What does this "airplane" indicate?