I have a Cessna 210 with inertia reel seatbelts. The spring coil on the retention wheel broke.
- FAR 43, Appendix A (C).14 allows for owner replacement of seat belts
- FAR 43.13.(b) requires that it be restored at least to its original
or properly altered condition.
- and FAR 21.9.(a).5 allows a part produced by an owner / operator to be installed
so... can I as owner / operator:
- repair the spring and re-install the seatbelt
- purchase a used seatbelt with a working coil spring (but no good webbing) and replace the coil spring?