The one labeled as "1" in the picture. And I'm having doubts about "2", it is an air supplier for cabin, right? Or am I wrong?

enter image description here

Thank you.


2 Answers 2


The item 1 is a Krüger flap, a leading edge device which allows the wing to operate to a higher angle of attack. The wing-root fairing makes a small triangular segment necessary; outboard of it slats are used.

The item 2 is a NACA inlet for cabin air, as commented by @mins.

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ In the wiki regarding Krüger flaps only Boeing is mentioned. Does it mean the Airbus is using slabs only? $\endgroup$
    – Crowley
    May 3, 2017 at 14:44

1) Appears to be where the inboard leading edge slats retract into. 2) Ram air inlet for the air conditioning/equipment cooling.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .