A statement in this question, asking how to pay fees for using the airport services, without being at the airport, inspires me to ask a question.
(Yeah I know... you gotta pay for an ILS approach... yuk.)
- How much does it cost to do an ILS Approach (for the pilot when he pays the bill)?
- How much does it cost to do an ILS Approach for the airport (Electricity, Staff, Maintenance, Chart-making, ...)?
- Is this listed as seperate item on a bill or is it included in the airport fee?
- If it's included, how much would it be?
- What percentage is to cover maintenance cost and what is the payment for the controllers?
- Are there differences between aircraft size?
- Are there differences between ILS Category?
I am asking this question for any country in Europe, because, as Dan Pichelmann pointed out, in US ILS Approaches are still free.
Would appreciate answers.