I would like to know what the correct name of this aircraft susbsystem is in English:

enter image description here(Source)

name: пилотажно навигационный комплекс +/- literally translated it could be something like: flight navigation system.

I am looking for some sort of blockdiagram of this system of either an F-35 (my favorite) or otherwise a boeing airplane. A blockdiagram which components are used and how they communicate with each other. E.g.:

enter image description here(Source)

Could anybody suggest me some good places to look for?

  • $\begingroup$ Link showing the reverse of the same component: ntlab-sk.ru/sitefiles/1/10/30085/2.png $\endgroup$ – J Walters Mar 1 '17 at 15:38
  • $\begingroup$ @JonathanWalters thx for your answer. Do you happen to have a picture from the bottomside of the component? Maybe that will answer one of my questions... $\endgroup$ – traducerad Mar 1 '17 at 15:39
  • $\begingroup$ No, sorry, I do not. That is the only other picture I could find. $\endgroup$ – J Walters Mar 1 '17 at 15:41
  • $\begingroup$ It looks to be some kind of AHRS or IMU, but it is impossible to tell from the images. There seems to be some kind of part number on top, but it isn't clear. $\endgroup$ – Ron Beyer Mar 1 '17 at 15:44
  • $\begingroup$ @RonBeyer I guessed, based on the google translate result, that this was a flight management system. But really not sure though... $\endgroup$ – traducerad Mar 1 '17 at 15:50

From the product page and Google translate:

Newton is designed for use in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), civil and special purpose. Designed to determine the parameters of flight and navigation and automatic flight control UAV, payload control and to ensure information exchange with the ground control station (NPU).

  • Support RTK technology for high-precision positioning according to the satellite radio navigation systems (SRNS)
  • The high accuracy of the orientation angle according to the SRNS
  • Possibility of interconnecting with foreign strapdown inertial navigation system (SINS) on the fiber-optic gyro (FOG)
  • Possibility of controlling any types of payloads including mode gyrostabilization
  • Available in a block of flight and navigation built-in radio for transmission of telemetry and control commands
  • The presence in the radio unit built ground goniometric RTK-receiver of the SRNS signals

It's an FMS (Flight Management System) with a capability to connect to an INS.

As for diagrams for the F-35, the general public doesn't know what the F-35 cockpit looks like, let alone schematics for avionics.

  • $\begingroup$ Thx for your answer! Any suggestions about where I could find a (global) blockdiagram of the f-35 like shown above? $\endgroup$ – traducerad Mar 1 '17 at 16:00
  • $\begingroup$ I see, but a suggestion for either the F-35 OR a boeing (if there isn't any info available for the former) is always welcome! :) $\endgroup$ – traducerad Mar 1 '17 at 16:09
  • $\begingroup$ Is there any type of aircraft for which it isn't too complicated to find that kind of info? I did expect that answer for F-35, but thought that it would be "easy" for Boeing. $\endgroup$ – traducerad Mar 1 '17 at 17:01
  • $\begingroup$ I don't necessary need partnumbers. +/- Anything will do the trick. $\endgroup$ – traducerad Mar 1 '17 at 17:02
  • $\begingroup$ If you go on a flight sim forum they might have an idea on Boeing fms. Some people go to great lengths to make their sims as accurate as possible $\endgroup$ – TomMcW Mar 1 '17 at 19:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.