Do someone knows a way how to arrange an American(N) registration of aircraft located in Europe? I mean there should be an agency that you can entrust with carrying out an American registration of an aircraft that is in Europe. I am looking for this office.

  • $\begingroup$ It isn't difficult, but you have to meet certain requirements. Namely you need to be a citizen of the united States or a US company. $\endgroup$ – Ron Beyer Feb 11 '17 at 19:12
  • $\begingroup$ @RonBeyer, surprisingly N55XZ appears to be registered by Austrian company, not a US one. The plane is based in Czechia and I doubt it ever operates outside Europe. $\endgroup$ – Jan Hudec Feb 12 '17 at 16:55
  • $\begingroup$ @JanHudec Looking at some records for that aircraft, it seems that the N number was registered originally to an address in Houston, TX. Maybe that is how they did it... $\endgroup$ – Ron Beyer Feb 12 '17 at 21:51
  • $\begingroup$ @RonBeyer, that would mean when you buy an airplane that has valid N registration, you can keep it even if you don't otherwise satisfy the conditions... $\endgroup$ – Jan Hudec Feb 13 '17 at 9:36

The FAA handles all US aircraft registration: FAA Aircraft Registration Note that there are ownership requirements related to US citizenship etc. See FAR 47.3


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.