Do financiers request IDERA's for small aircraft, or just large ones registered under the CTC?


closed as unclear what you're asking by Federico, kevin, J Walters, DeltaLima, fooot Feb 9 '17 at 15:20

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Welcome to aviation.SE! It might be helpful if you can explain what IDERA and CTC are. $\endgroup$ – Pondlife Feb 9 '17 at 13:11

Firstly just a little bit of background. IDERA's - Irrevocable Deregistration and Export Request Authorizations - are issued under the Cape Town Convention (or Cape Town Treaty). This is a voluntary convention that countries can subscribe to. It essentially provides more assurance for financiers, who can therefore provide lower interest rates to aircraft buyers.

The FAA states the eligibility requirements for IDERA's, which, for fixed-wing aircraft, need to be able to carry at least 8 people, or can carry goods in excess of 2750 kilograms (6050 pounds). So most aircraft considered 'small' probably would not be covered.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.