Lets say I'm a 35 year old pilot who just had a medical renewed so that it doesn't expire until 2021. 3rd class medical reform (although not law yet) requires that I visit my regular physician once every 4 years.
When do I need to see my doctor?
- Anytime prior to the expiration of my 3rd class medical?
- Do I surrender my 3rd class medical and go to the doctor immediately (after regulations pass of course)?
- Do I go to my doctor in 2020? 2019?
- Do I wait until my 3rd class medical expires (or within a month or two)?
- 4 years after the expiration of my 3rd class medical?
And a bonus question:
- Does the 4 year clock start ticking when my medical expires, when regulations are enacted, or some other time?