What type of flaps, slats or other high-lift devices are used on this aircraft?

  • $\begingroup$ I won't post as an answer as I don't have references to hand - but essentially: No slats, and single slotted flaps. $\endgroup$
    – Jon Story
    Apr 27, 2016 at 12:47

1 Answer 1


The Dash8 - Q400 - Aeroplane General PDF (courtesy of smartcockpit.com) indicates on page 27 that there are inboard and outboard flaps.

Reading through the Dash8 - Q400 Flight Controls PDF (also from smartcockpit.com) indicates that:

Two single-slotted inboard and outboard fowler flaps are attached to the trailling edge of each wing (Figure 12.8-1).
page 43

There is no indication of slats or any other high-lift device.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.