There's a little hole on the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer of this plane:

enter image description here

What is that? What is its purpose?
Source: Airliners.net


1 Answer 1


That is the ram air intake for the air conditioning packs.

enter image description here

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ At first I thought it might be the APU intake, but other sites say that the APU intake is near the bottom rear of the fuselage. $\endgroup$
    – BillDOe
    Mar 13, 2017 at 22:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.