I'm designing an airport of a flight simulator. One of the runway settings is Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL). Is there a way I can see if a runway at a US airport has REIL via the internet, and whether they are Omnidirectional or Unidirectional REIL?

  • $\begingroup$ If the runway has other runway lights, it typically would have REILs. If the runway has an instrument approach, it typically has MIRL or HIRL and the REILs. $\endgroup$
    – Ralph J
    Feb 17, 2016 at 9:28
  • $\begingroup$ @Ksisky I am not aware of any database where you could find information on whether a REIL installation is Omni- or Uni-directional. The only way I know of is to go and see for yourself what they actually are. $\endgroup$
    – J W
    Feb 17, 2016 at 22:39

1 Answer 1


You can find this information in the Airport Facility Directory which is published in print by the FAA and is available for free from them online here. REIL will be listed for the specific runway for the airport in question. For example I fly out of KDYL and if we take a look at the page in the AFD for KDYL you will see REIL listed for RWY 23

enter image description here (source)


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .