What is the plus sign found on some aircraft bodies?

The first time I saw this sign was on a Robinson R44 helicopter. The "plus sign" was located below the right front door.


closed as unclear what you're asking by GdD, casey, fooot, Jamiec, reirab Jan 21 '16 at 16:24

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 9
    $\begingroup$ got any pics? It's easier to know what you are talking about then. $\endgroup$ – ratchet freak Jan 21 '16 at 12:32
  • $\begingroup$ Are you referring to a marking, something painted onto the aircraft? You don't mean something like this photo do you? $\endgroup$ – J Walters Jan 21 '16 at 13:59
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ If it's what @JonathanWalters was referring to, but much smaller, it probably marks the location of a first aid kit. $\endgroup$ – FreeMan Jan 21 '16 at 14:04
  • $\begingroup$ I agree with @FreeMan, its most likely a first aid kit, although after looking through probably 100 R44 pictures on Google images, I didn't see a single one with this mark. $\endgroup$ – Ron Beyer Jan 21 '16 at 15:01
  • 3
    $\begingroup$ Yes, a picture or, at least, more detailed description is needed for this to be answerable. At the moment it could be anything from a first aid kit to indicating that the aircraft is a medical evacuation aircraft to indicating that the aircraft flies for Swissair. $\endgroup$ – reirab Jan 21 '16 at 16:28

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.